My Shoe Collection Part 2: Heels and Sandals

19:32:00

Heya,
Welcome to the second part of my Shoe Collection Trilogy!

As I stated in Last Week’s post, my shoe collection if fairly big and I own some I do not ever wear, so I have picked out my favourites to share with you over 3 weeks. These posts will allow you to be able to get to know my style and taste as well as give you some ideas and tips. In each case I will post the link to the shoes if they are still available or similar, affordable options in the caption. 

This week it is Heels and Sandals!

Heels


First of all is my collection of Heels. I own several pairs of Heels, however I have selected my three favourite to share with you as to not make this post too long and boring for you! 

Chunky Platform Peep-toe Heels £27.99 
Let’s start with my Black, Chunky Platform peep-toe Heels. These were recently purchased from New Look for my Prom which is in a couple of weeks’ time. The heel of these beauties are roughly 5 inches high- so pretty high, but the fact that they have a platform and the heel is chunky makes them seem a lot lower and also super comfy. The plain and simple colour and design make these shoes perfect with most outfits and occasions. They could be worn with smart trousers, skirts and dresses for more formal occasions. Or with rolled up jeans for a casual event- however I wouldn’t recommend going shopping in them as although they are very comfortable, they may hurt and ache after a long day of walking! After prom I will probably wear them when going out for meals and parties. They cost around £27.99 at the time of purchase and are made out of a soft suede-like material creating elegance and sophistication. 

Navy Blue and Floral Heeled Wedges £24.99 (as similar as possible) 
These Navy Blue and Floral Heeled Wedges were a bargain purchase of mine a couple of years ago. Bought in an Outlet Centre near where I live, I was able to get them for £24.99, almost half the price of the RRP (recommended retail price). I never usually buy anything from Clarks as I can never actually find anything I like.  Though the upper shoe is plain, the wedge of the shoe is decorated in a floral pattern. This creates a pretty, girly tone to the shoe. The material of the whole outer shoe is a satin/silky material which makes the shoe more smart than casual. The height of the heel/wedge is around 3.5 inches, though this is less than my other heels, at the time of purchase I thought that this heel height was huge as I was a young teenager. I often wear these with my burgundy skinny-fit chino style trousers as these pick, out the colours in the heel. This is a cute causal yet smart outfit. They can also be worn with skinny fit jeans rolled up or with a high-waisted skater skirt. 


Grey Low Platform Heels £9.00 (similar)
These simple but lovely New Look grey, suede-like court shoes with a low platform and mid-heel are my most easiest to wear heels. They go with just about anything and are perfect for any occasion that requires heels! They were also an absolute bargain (costing £9.00) with a huge reduction of nearly £15.00! As seen in the picture the price tag is still in the shoe! Yes, I haven’t worn them- but I play to very soon as I am trying to wear different things to my usual outfits wearing those clothes that I own,  but don’t wear out of comfort and safety. The heel is roughly 4.5 inches high which is fairly high, however due to the small platform they do seem lower! I am planning on wearing these shoes with dresses, jeans, trousers and skirts for occasions such as meals out and parties.

Sandals 


Next is my Sandals- this is my whole collection of sandals after a clear out earlier in the year. 

Black and Beige Strapped Cross-over T-bar Sandals £10.00
My newest pair of Sandals is my Black and Beige Colour Block T-bar sandals from F&F (Tesco’s Clothing Brand). They have faux Snake-skin straps with a black patent strap across the back of the foot to hold them on your foot. The faux Snake-skin detail is so plain and subtle which I love due to the fact that I am not a big fan of all things animal print. They are definitely my most sophisticated looking sandals. Being simple colour blocks means they go with just about anything making them an essential this summer. My fave way to wear them is with my plain black Playsuit dressed up some nude accessories. They could also be worn with shorts, skirts, dresses, and beach-wear- anything wearable! Another great thing about them is they are super affordable at only £10.00 a pair! They are extremely comfortable which I found out on Thursday after a whole day wearing them shopping! 


Yellow Patent Block Colour Sandals £15.00(?) (similar)
These Patent Yellow Black colour Sandals from Next were a Sale purchase of mine a few years ago. They were an unusual and spur of the moment purchase of mine as I have never really been into the colour yellow, yet I came home one day with these sandals. I am unsure of the exact price of the shoes when I bought them; however I believe they were around £15.00 before the sale reduction was taken off. Due to the colour I do find it difficult to find something that really goes with the shoes; however I do often wear them with a plain white top and shorts. I also have a dress that compliments the colour and style perfectly. I believe that when you have an item of an unusual colour it is best to team it with the basic colours (black and white) or find items that feature the colour in a pattern and use the same colour in all accessories. , this idea can be applied oppositely also. For example if you have patterned dresses pick out one colour in the dress and use this colour for accessories and shoes. As the shoes are completely patent, they can often rub a little when worn for very long periods of time, so I do not often where them when I know I will be out for a long time or am doing a lot of walking. 

Teal Roxy FlipFlops £10.00- £15.00 (similar)
Lastly this week is this my Teal Roxy Flip-flops which I purchased on holiday in Devon a couple of years ago. I bought them for convenience after my old flip-flops finally broke after about 5 years. These Flip-flops are simple but super comfy! I love the bright colour and the classic flip-flop style. They are perfect for the beach, a summer’s walk or a day of relaxation. Roxy is primarily a surf/snow brand and so naturally these flip-flops will be perfect for the beach hence the water-proof material. I wear these shoes everywhere in the summer months when I am lounging around or hiking up the sand dunes to the sandy beaches! They go with dresses, playsuits, shorts, beach wear, skirts- anything! They cost around £10.00 to £15.00 from their basic range.

Hope you enjoyed the second instalment of my Shoe Collection and come back next week for the third and final part where i share with you my lace-ups and pumps! 

Don't forget to checkout the first part if you haven't already by clicking the link:  My Shoe Collection Part 1: Boots and Sport


Please let me know in the comments or over any of my Social Media what you think of this post, whether you'd like to see any more like this or any thoughts you have! 

Love Emily x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews