Holiday 2015: Top 5 things to do in North Cornwall | Lifestyle

10:00:00

Heya,


Welcome to my second holiday post! So I thought I'd share with you my top 5 things I got upto on holidays in North Cornwall. I know a lot of people rave about the Eden Project when visiting Cornwall, however I didn't visit and so for obvious reasons it won't be in my top 5. 

1. Go on the Sea Life Safari Rib Boat ride from Padstow- I was a little unsure about this, however this was probably the best thing I did on my holidays! The journey sets out from the beach and rides against the waves out into the sea (a far way from the estuary). As the boat is riding against the waves, and the boat is going pretty fast, the boat almost jumps the waves, leaping out of the water! It's like a theme park ride- and I loved it!! Then to top the whole experience off, when we got far another out to sea, we were able to see of lots cute seals! Well worth every second! The journey back to shore, is a lot of calmer, although we were still travelling fast!! 

2. Visit Port Isaac- Apart from it being the set of the UK TV series, 'Doc Martin', the village is SO pretty and picturesque! It's quite hilly, being situated in a valley, but take the walk down to the harbour! The pub next to the harbour offers take away cups, so you can buy a drink and take it away with you to sit on the slope that leads down to the harbour, and beach when the tide is out. Everybody does this, and there were so many cute dogs running around on the sand!! 

3. Fistral Beach- the no1 surf beach- I don't surf myself, but it was really cool to watch other people doing so. When I visited there was a surf festival/ competition on so it was Super interesting and fun to watch! There are also lots of restaurants in that area that over look the beach! 

4. Take some time out for a day at the Spa- I spent the day at Bedruthan Spa, which is primarily a hotel, however they open their spa to the public. This particular spa over looks the sea creating a peaceful and luxurious setting. There are three main pools- an indoor pool, and two outside pool. We were practically the only ones in the polls when we visited! It's Spa facilities are great too! With a hydro pool- a giant jacuzzi really!  a steam room, infused with eucalyptus and a cooler steam room. A sauna suited with the proper wooden seats like in Frozen ("yoohoo helloo family!!!"), probably my favourite thing in the spa, just because it reminded me of the Disney film! But more relaxation reasons, my favourite facility would probably be the Hydro Pool and you can look across out the huge glass wall at the sea And sky just sitting and relaxing! Even though the spa is open to the public, it was super quiet, making my spa experience even better!! I didn't have any treatments but that is an option for reasonable prices! 

5. 'Surfing' the surf shops (sorry, I couldn't help myself!!!)- many of the surfy/ beach shops sell brands of clothing that you might not associate with beach/ surfing wear, and so it is definitely worth having a browse in the stores, as you might find your new favourite clothing item, that might not be immediately obvious! I recommend 'North Shore Girls' and 'Smile' in Newquay. 

I hope you have enjoyed reading my second instalment of Holiday Posts- I have another planned, so stay tuned for that next week! CAN YOU GUESS WHAT IT IS? leave your guesses below! 

Perhaps your inspired to go to Cornwall now? I'd love to hear from you, perhaps you've been to Cornwall and would like to share your top 5 things to do? Just leave a comment below! 

Love Emily x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews